|Hungarian Deviled Eggs and Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Hungarian deviled eggs
2 slices smoked homemade ham - cooked
1 tsp creamed horseradish with vinegar
1 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp butter
5-6 basil leaves
Boil eggs, peel and cut into two lengthwise. Remove yolk.
- Cut basil leaves into small pieces.
- Cut ham into small pieces and cream it in a food processor.
- Add sour cream, horseradish and butter. Cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. When all creamy, mix in basil leaves.
- Place cream into decorating bag and fill eggs. (You can also use a plastic bag.)
- Place lettuce leaves on a serving plate, and put stuffed eggs on top.
Stuffed pork tenderloin
1 piece pork tenderloin
1 lb ground pork
½ lb bacon
1 bunch fresh garlic greens – about 8-10 sprigs
1 medium onion
3 Tbsp bread crumbs
1 large egg
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 c white wine
1/8 tsp nutmeg
Cut up onion into small pieces and sauté it in 1 Tbsp oil until golden in color – then cool.
- Wash and chop up garlic greens.
- Mix into ground pork the chopped garlic greens, salt, pepper, nutmeg, egg, bread crumbs, and cooled onion.
- With a sharp knife slice into tenderloin, but be careful not to cut it through. Put it between plastic wrap and tenderize it.
- Spread another larger plastic wrap on the table. Layer bacon diagonally on the wrap. Place tenderloin over bacon and stuffing mixture in the middle. Tightly fold meat and bacon over stuffing.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, lay tenderloin on top. Pour wine and remaining oil over it. Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Put dish in preheated oven (350ᴼ), roast for 45 minutes. Take off aluminum foil and roast until golden in color.
- Cool roast for 10 minutes, slice and serve with mashed potatoes.